The HPKIFC is now offering grant funding and collaboration opportunities to help serve the Kenwood, Hyde Park, Woodlawn, and greater South Side communities. Please read about these programs below and also learn about our recent community partners and collaboration.
You can access the links to these applications here:
“Our purpose is to provide effective channels for cooperative expression of our shared concern for the wellbeing of the communities in which our member organizations are situated. This cooperative expression includes coming together in intentional partnership to care for those in need in our communities; taking action in relation to social injustice, inequities, and other issues of mutual concern; engaging in regular programming which draws members of diverse communities together; and gathering the wider community together at times of celebration or concern.” – HPKIFC Bylaws
These forms are supposed to assist us in carrying out that mission by partnering with yours!
Please learn about our recent Grant Recipients and/or Collaboration Partners:
From April 2021-April 2022 we supported 9 organizations with small grants totalling $15,164.00 so far. The organizations/initiatives include:
· Woodlawn Greenhouse Collective-First Presbyterian Church
· “Future of Food” youth farming and nutrition program -Y2Kwanzaa.org
· Summer Camp T Shirts- Hyde Park Refugee Project
· SAY THEIR NAMES Initiative- Non:op Open Opera Works
· Yoga & Wellness Retreat Program- Efflorescence
· Expanded Programming- Chicago Hip Hop Heritage Museum
· Community Activism Magazine- Custom Resources